• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Songs or guitar parts that wish you were the guy (or gal) that played that...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Songs or guitar parts that wish you were the guy (or gal) that played that...

The outro to Dire Straits 'Tunnel of Love' - now I hate Dire Straits normally but I am willing to admit that is pure class...

Other than that, it has to be the lead guitar by Neil Young on 'Like a Hurricane' on 'Live Rust' circa Cow Palace SF 1977....

Or, I am The Resurrection. Stone Roses, outro again...

Music like this is the only thing that lifts me out of this depression...

The guy who did the guitar solo on Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street.

Um, John Bonhams drumming on Stairway to Heaven Live

Dave Gilmour just about any song on Delicate Sound of Thunder Live, but particularly the 7 minute solo on 'On The Turning Away'

Slash'es solo at the end of Paradise City Live

Eddie Van Halens solo in Hot For Teacher

That should do for starters

Comment

Lots of solos that Stevie Ray Vaughan played

Comment

For starters - Jimi Hendrix House Burning Down - for those whom are acquainted with this remarkable compostition - naturaaly for THAT intro - you would be playing not one - but two Strats simulatenousely on stage as you blast the crowd away.

Then from The Spiders of Mars - Mick Ronsons solo on Boiwies Moonage DayDream - where the s0lo just gets higher and higher and higher ...

Then theres the loudest E Major in the business - Pete Townsends crashing crescendo to Wont Get Fooled again
        Last - but by nio means least - Mr Frank Zappa with his blistering Mother of all Guitar Solos on Zombie Woof from the album Overnight Sensation - perhaps the ulitmate of all guitar solos.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Or, I am The Resurrection. Stone Roses, outro again...
          The solo on that track is also completely amazing.

But the one that always gets me is Lindsay Buckingham's playing on the acoustic version of Fleetwood Mac's Big Love.
          Back at the coal face

Comment

Any of the basslines on the Pixies "Doolittle".

Kim Deal was my heroine when I was younger.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Quite a number of Gilmour's solos.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Anything by Herman Li.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

A Bert Weedon guitar hit.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'd settle for being able to play anything Gilmour has done. I quite like some of Gary Moores stuff also although I've not listened for a while. I had the 12 inch single of Still In Love With You by Thin Lizzy when I was doing my O levels. That and Wish You Were Here were what I listened to while revising.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X