• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices in China

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices in China

Property prices in Britain may be back on a downward trajectory, but there is one market where they are still white hot – China.

The Asian superpower is in the midst of such a vast property boom, with prices leaping 20pc a month in some regions, that developments are taking on fairy-tale dimensions.

Literally. The sight of a "real" alpine village rising from the grimy industrial suburbs of Huairou outside Beijing provokes an increasingly common reaction when discussing China's property market: "You've got to be kidding me, right?"

With its alpine clock tower soaring 200ft into the murk emitted by nearby chimneys, the "Spring Legend" development offers a Disney-style version of a lifestyle that the residents of Huairou and Beijing can realistically aspire to.

"The air is so fresh it penetrates your heart," waxes the sales brochure, a claim that requires a suspension of belief equally demanded by Spring Legend's ersatz palm trees, faux red English phone boxes and plant pots brimming with plastic alpine flowers.

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...c-a-month.html

--------

I am going to start looking next week for a new house in central Brum to upgrade from my current "bedsit"

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am going to start looking next week for a new house in central Brum to upgrade from my current "bedsit"
    You don't see a house price crash coming here then?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      You don't see a house price crash coming here then?
      I meant to rent, just a nicer one (less rooms, but bigger ones)

Comment

China????

House Prices?????

Hookers?????

AtW. You are Dave Contractor Junior and I want my 5 Xeno Pounds!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You're just posting articles verbatim now? Where are the value-added [AtW comment: ...]?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            You're just posting articles verbatim now? Where are the value-added [AtW comment: ...]?
            Too tired today - just finished working, well - still reading up on RAID stuff

Comment

Working...
            X