• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone flew......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone flew......

Air France, KLM or Luthansa long distance?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Originally posted by thelurker View Post
    Air France, KLM or Luthansa long distance?

Any thoughts?

Cheers
    I've done both air france and klm to and from China. I didn't have any complaints.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I wouldn't go KLM or Air France.

But I only fly Star Alliance, as that's who all my points are with.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I am told the Lufhansa aircraft have hair under the wings
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

both, KLM to hong Kong, economy - nice cabin crew

Air France to Tanzania - business, was OK the lounges in CDG are top notch.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Lufthansa - South America - Awful, never again.

Has anyone noticed the price of long haul economy is being hiked massively?

Business has remained almost the same.

on BA, AF, IB, LH... all of 'em

Comment

I've flown KLM business to China. It's OK but BA business is much better (all be it about 3 times the price...)
              Loopy Loo

Comment

Air France economy to Hong Kong, late January 2008. Never again. So poor was it that I used it as my first joke in a client presentation, to whit: "flying here with Air France and arriving last night was what my last Christmas with my first ex-wife was like - cold, cramped and uncomfortable"

Surrounded by corpulent Americans who were complaining that "everyone was speaking French" and cabin crew whose reaction to passengers (y'know, the ones who were paying their salaries) was bordering on the contemptuous.

Now - any time I'm going east and BA isn't an option (went with BA every other time, and they were surprisingly good) - it's either Emirates or Gulf Air for me.

Comment

I've flown KLM to South America a couple of times with no complaints even in economy.

Will be flying business to NY in a couple of months with them as it's who I have all my miles with.

BA/Virgin business is better but leaves a considerable size hole in your wallet.

Comment

Air France. Flown to Middle East & Brazil with them a few times.

On their long haul flights they have a small curtained off area at the back called "Le Coin Fumeur" where you can have a fag. If you're lucky they may even serve you a nice chilled glass of Chablis while you're smoking it!

Comment

Working...
                    X