• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home: Where the heart is?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home: Where the heart is?

Do people really look at their house and see £££? Or do they see it as their refuge, their place of warmth and comfort. To read the daily house price post, I sometimes think I live on another planet. I don't give a tulip if the price goes up or stays the same (I'd prefer it to stay the same so my teenagers can move out in a few years when they've got jobs, and not still be here when they're over 30), but I wonder if I'm in the minority.

Poll coming....
    it's an investment (house, not home) and one day I'll make my fortune from it
    11.11%
    I decorate with buyers rather than myself in mind, in case a good sale opportunity arises
    0.00%
    it's more of an emotional attachment (family, relaxation) than a retirement-scheme
    66.67%
    Home is whichever trailer I share with AndyW and his mum
    22.22%
    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Working...
X