• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Casualty visit last night…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casualty visit last night…..

Just got home after a good gym session – was chopping sweet potatoes for evening meal.

Sliced through middle finger to the bone.

Called neighbour to take me to A&E as tip was flapping – brain shut down, woke up on the kitchen floor, in a cold sweat.

Casualty got me stitched and bandaged, but my lower back is now really painful from falling onto it like a sack of spuds.

Hopefully will get some sympathy from gym girl when I see her next – scared of my back seizing up, and a very easy low impact class on tonight, and see if that eases things up.

Not a happy person today…….. Feeling achy, hacked off and down-right generally sick.

<Wilmsloooooooooow!>

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Touch typing is really going to be a bitch.
      Almost impossible - using just 2 fingers for typing now.

Not wearing the obligatory tie in the office either due to not being able to tie the darned thing....

Comment

Your life is an unmitigated disaster.

HTF does anybody chop to the bone? If you were wielding it like a sword on sweet potatoes then you need some cooking lessons.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

When I was your age we used to deliberately chop at our fingers with large heavy knives. Sometimes going to the bone

That way, if you do ever have an accident, at least you dont faint and embarrass yourself in front of the neighbours. It sort of toughens you up

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Your life is an unmitigated disaster.

HTF does anybody chop to the bone? If you were wielding it like a sword on sweet potatoes then you need some cooking lessons.
            Knife was blunt and it was a very thick potato, so yes, I was wielding like a sword!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              When I was your age we used to deliberately chop at our fingers with large heavy knives. Sometimes going to the bone

That way, if you do ever have an accident, at least you dont faint and embarrass yourself in front of the neighbours. It sort of toughens you up

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

When I was about 10 I had a nasty playground accident and sliced my hand open.
                Managed to find the teacher on duty, told her I'd cut my hand, which was quite obvious as there was blood pissing out everywhere.
                Stupid cow didn't believe me at first cause I didn't seem upset enough!
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  Knife was blunt and it was a very thick potato, so yes, I was wielding like a sword!
                  A blunt knife is often the cause of chopping mishaps. Buy yourself a decent knife and a steel/sharpener.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Trying to cut potato while your mind is wandering about, thinking how you can shag the gym girl etc, wont help.

Cutting potato needs focus and determination. No distractions allowed.

PS: Is the neighbour fit ?
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X