• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your prison experiences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your prison experiences

A thread for those who were recently at her majesty's pleasure to tell us what it was like.
    Did you meet Bubba?
    Did you drop your soap in the shower?
    Are you walking funny?
    Can you still fly Tornados from Rome with a spag bol on your lap?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I visited Alcatraz a couple of years ago. Does that count?
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

KUATB

http://forums.contractoruk.com/1079608-post56.html
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Turned me into the man I am today.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Turned me into the woman I am today.
          FTFY

Comment

I once captained a rugby team against a prison team. Once on the pitch, one of the cons pointed to a fellow con and said ‘he’s a rapist and we’re not allowed to beat his head in’, obviously hoping that our team would give the guy a good beating. I looked at the little guy and it’s the only time in my life I’ve actually felt sorry for a criminal. At that moment he, to me, was the victim of bullying, and seeing as I hate bullies, I instructed my team that he would not be treated any differently to any other member of any opposition team. I hope I did the right thing.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I instructed my team that he would not be treated any differently to any other member of any opposition team.
              So in other words you've just beaten up whole opposition team without making any distinctions?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                So in other words you've just beaten up whole opposition team without making any distinctions?
                yes
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  A thread for those who were recently at her majesty's pleasure to tell us what it was like.
                  Did you meet Bubba?
                  Are you walking funny?
                  In the interests of a bit of open-ness - other than the KUATB which I'm grateful to a poster above for:

Did you meet Bubba?

No, although did meet a very diverse subsection of society, from those in for possession of a forged passport to those who had committed some of the most vile crimes imaginable.

No, used shower gel throughout. Thanks for asking though.

Are you walking funny?

No, can still walk and run as before. Opportunities for sport and athletics were reduced to zero due to the fact that I was working all day during the week.

No, and never could in the first place.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thought would add my tuppence worth here. I was as shocked as you all to see Craig back here and have exchanged PMs with him.

He has been open about his time in clink and also about his mental health and, despite still feeling pretty bad about being duped twice by him, I do not see any reason to ban him from the site.

I am sure we don't need any more threads about who has been to prison etc. but knowing you lot I am sure the cute responses and jibes will never stop completely, and I am not saying they should, but I don't think there needs to be any more explanation than we have already had.

Comment

Working...
                    X