• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outsourcing - The Next Terror Target

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outsourcing - The Next Terror Target

Personally, I think it's a bit of a stretch. But I do think that any company considering
    placing an important part of its functionality offshore should reflect on the fact that terror
    threats are currently tending to spread rather than retreat, and in the current climate ANY
    foreign facility clearly linked with a major US entity might just be singled out by the
    nutcases:

Article Here

"The attack is likely to shift attention within India to the question of how well prepared the
    country's outsourcing centers are for terror strikes. In a press statement released
    immediately after the terror attack, NASSCOM, the trade body for India's technology sector,
    stated that the country's outsourcing companies already have many security measures in place;
    however, it said that the incident 'highlights the need to review and upgrade these.'"

I think it vanishingly unlikely that any commercial operation - especially in outsourcing,
    where the gross margins are already very low - would be able to afford the kind of security
    measures needed to guarantee invulnerability from the kind of fanatics who could engineer
    9/11.

It should be on the checklist of anyone considering business critical outsourcing.

And more...

IT Security in China
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Scaremongering - the only real security risk in India is chance of nuclear war with Pakistan but both countries seem to be very reasonable and I'd say chance of that happening is very low, certainly zero so long as US Army is based in Pakistan.

Comment

The only real security risk in India is natural disaster (very likely) and being deprived of electricity (happens every now and then).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Scaremongering - the only real security risk in India is chance of nuclear war with Pakistan but both countries seem to be very reasonable and I'd say chance of that happening is very low, certainly zero so long as US Army is based in Pakistan.
        How do you vet an offshore outsourcings staff or security and other aspects of their companies set-up...

Maybe, or not

Possibly, or not

It had better

Already happening, possibly

In the news
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Think about it though...if companies were willing to place themselves near a big arse fuel tank because of the cheap prices out at Hemel then you can be sure that those same companies wont be giving a rats arse about the likelyhood of terrorist attacks on their outsourced partners

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
            How do you vet an offshore outsourcings staff or security and other aspects of their companies set-up...
            Does it matter? Just so long as they're cheap!

Comment

Working...
            X