• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what's going on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's going on?

ok, I'm a bit spooked..

I told gf chef of work extension last night and suggested we should look into a holiday in the summer, dropped in the idea of buying/building a new Home Theatre PC with the benefits that it'll be ultra quiet, show great pics for blu-rays and is in a nice Antec Fusion case so doesn't look like a pc and she can record tv on it as you can on the Media Center in Manchester, she asked how much, circa 1k, she said it sounds a great idea...

I was expecting the "1k on a computer!!!! do u really need it etc. etc." ceomments..

what's going on? what have I missed?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

You've linked a pic of something from the 1980s.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      You've linked a pic of something from the 1980s.
      Hideous case. Have to agree with him.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        ok, I'm a bit spooked..

I told gf chef of work extension last night and suggested we should look into a holiday in the summer, dropped in the idea of buying/building a new Home Theatre PC with the benefits that it'll be ultra quiet, show great pics for blu-rays and is in a nice Antec Fusion case so doesn't look like a pc and she can record tv on it as you can on the Media Center in Manchester, she asked how much, circa 1k, she said it sounds a great idea...

I was expecting the "1k on a computer!!!! do u really need it etc. etc." ceomments..

She's thinking that if you can blow a grand on a computer that looks like a late 70s stereo she is going to get the kitchen of her dreams.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          She's thinking that if you can blow a grand on a computer that looks like a late 70s stereo she is going to get the kitchen of her dreams.
          handbag
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              ok, I'm a bit spooked..

Why not just get an old VCR (top loader, of course!) and build the PC in that?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

1K it's a bit cheap considering what you are planning.

Have a look at these

What about the surround sound and the amp (or will that be built in as well)?

After all that GF won't have much change for her new kitchen.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

She's softening you up for the wedding. Once the ring is on, it will be a different story. so buy all the boys toys while you can and remember why all brides smile as they walk down the aisle.

Comment

Poor old Chef's gf. Stuck her in a shed in Scotland in the coldest winter in 40 years and then blows £1K on something that looks like it belongs in a jumble sale.

We need that shakey head smiley.

Comment

Working...
                    X