• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the Severn Boar (Bore?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Severn Boar (Bore?)

Hahahahaha. Just watching news footage of the largest Severn Boar in years. Some people managed to get up and surf it but some other numty's were too slow on the surf boards and didnt catch it.

What a blast, biggest boar in ages and you miss the wave!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

I hope it included the expert surfer on the radio this morning who said it isn't a wave, it's a swell.

Comment

It's a bit of bugger when you reach Avonmouth and the car is still in Sharpness.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        It's a bit of bugger when you reach Avonmouth and the car is still in Sharpness.
        Wrong way round, Shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Wrong way round, Shirley?
          You're right, feck me all these years I thought it was the water coming back down after swelling up... I only live down the road too.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I saw the beginning live on BBC, and it didn't look that impressive - although it was rather crowded.

Was it impressive?
            "take me to your leader"

Comment

Imagine all those surfers in their various pubs tonight, regaling everyone with their story of riding the bore.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                I saw the beginning live on BBC, and it didn't look that impressive - although it was rather crowded.

Was it impressive?
                Not really. Seen bigger waves in the local swimming pool when billy bunter jumps in!
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Hahahahaha. Just watching news footage of the largest Severn Boar in years. Some people managed to get up and surf it but some other numty's were too slow on the surf boards and didnt catch it.

What a blast, biggest boar in ages and you miss the wave!

Its a pig alright!
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just been reading an article about the proposed Severn barrage

£22 billion.... billion estimated costs htf can it cost so much?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X