• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German sense

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German sense

link

"The constitutional court overturned a 2008 law requiring communications data to be kept for six months."

what are the chances uk plc will do that?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

I've spent all my life telling Brits the Germans are alright, and now they've proven me right.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Isn't this just billing information?

Surely they need to retain it for at least 1-2 months to create itemised bills.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The Germans' common sense is hard won.
        There was a point at which they had none at all.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          The Germans' common sense is hard won.
          There was a point at which they had none at all.
          Indeed. They’ve been there, done all that and have been trying to get rid of the t-shirt for the last 65 years.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Its quite funny that as by law, German companies have to keep data for 10 years anyway. This means that if you have problems with your tax or whatever, you can go to companies that you have bought stuff from and ask them for the details. I've had to install a number of systems where the company's have moved to another platform yet still have the requirement to keep the data from their 'legacy' systems available (energy companies in particular.)

I can see this backfiring when Oma Schmidt decides that 8 months ago she overpaid her bill and goes to Telco for the records but, gasp, they're not obliged to keep them...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X