• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Servicing one’s television set

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Servicing one’s television set

I am the proud owner of a Sanyo cathode ray tube television set which has served me and the Tester household without protest or problems for over ten years. It has now developed a picture wobble and requires some servicing.

Thus, I visited our local purveyor of televisual apparatus, and was rather stunned to see that the recognizable television sets had been replaced with unusual moving paintings affixed to the walls rather like traditional works of art, but with continually changing wobble-free pictures.

It seems that one might save some expense by purchasing one of these devices instead of following the time honoured Tester family tradition of make do and mend.

Can the congregation advise on the points of attention and measures of quality for these new moving paintings, bearing in mind that one merely wishes to enjoy the view of Ms Silverton reading the daily journal and the occasional Hungarian biology practical?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

http://www.gizmag.com/go/6704/

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      FFS it’s huge, says the Asian schoolgirl in the miniskirt.

Comment

Size preference sir?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Size preference sir?
          Erm, about half the size of that telly DP showed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            http://www.mediamarkt.nl/webapp/wcs/...91&display=all

There you go...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              so 54'' then
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

My Samsung LCD is 100 x better than the last LCD I had.

But now Philips are doing cinema-widescreen 21:9 which might just be the only way now. http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/ci.../30849/cat/gb/

Having said that, LED is now back in, and these are ultra thin. I'd probably buy this if I was buying now http://www.johnlewis.com/230733042/Product.aspx unless price is more an issue then I would ask my mate who knows a guy who owns a warehouse full of B grade stock decent-ish ones for not much money.
                "take me to your leader"

Comment

We've got a samsung lcd but I've been reliably informed by my IT/av bod/company secretary that this would suffice
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

best lcd tv chart
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X