• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

USA comes to UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA comes to UK

Linky

I hope he tries and loses...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

People always seem to think that the McDonald's "hot coffee" case is a ludicrous example of compensation culture at its worse. In fact, the victim in that case suffered third-degree burns, and it was established that McDonald's, as a matter of company policy, served coffee at a temperature which was clearly unsafe:
    During the case, Liebeck's attorneys discovered that McDonald's required franchises to serve coffee at 180–190 °F (82–88 °C). At that temperature, the coffee would cause a third-degree burn in two to seven seconds... Other documents obtained from McDonald's showed that from 1982 to 1992 the company had received more than 700 reports of people burned by McDonald's coffee to varying degrees of severity, and had settled claims arising from scalding injuries for more than $500,000.[4] McDonald's quality control manager, Christopher Appleton, testified that this number of injuries was insufficient to cause the company to evaluate its practices.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck...;s_Restaurants

Comment

Obviously the lid wasn't properly put on the tea. It only took going over a speedbump to get tea all over me.
      They should charge him for the time he spent in casualty as a lesson to others who think the fact they sat a cup of hot tea on their genitalia somehow has to be someone else's fault.

Comment

reminds me of my mate at uni

He nuked some milk in the microwave till it boiled and then popped a cold spoon in the cup...the whole thing frothed up all over his boxers. Drunken yelling ensued until he plonked himself in a ice cold bath.

Later his undercarriage was looking decidedly worse for wear and an ambulance called. Their major concern was onset of hypothermia from sitting in a freezing student hovel bath for so long. His scalded todger was the least of their worries.

Same guy wore the same pair of climbing socks to lectures for about 2 months....washing them considered of taking them off sweaty, laying them on the night storage heater till crispy then rubbing till pliable again.

He has a girlfriend now....amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Linky

I hope he tries and loses...
          Obviously the warning on the cup and most coffee cups these days "contains hot liquid" meant nothing to him.

Idiot!
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
          X