• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC File on Four

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC File on Four

How much does Accenture pay you? They charge the government £200,000 a year per contractor.

Podcast download on iPlayer
    Last edited by Paddy; 3 March 2010, 09:08.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    How much does Accenture pay you? They charge the government £200,000 a year per contractor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/bbc_radio_fourfm/
    FFS, how much?!

Comment

I'm worth every penny

Comment

File on Four re Government IT Projects.

It’s the usual big three players in the Government IT projects failure however, these project failures point to incompetence by both parties. I would disagree, I think it is corruption with backhanders.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

£833 per day (based on 240 days a year) if it's exc VAT, £710 if it's inc VAT.

Quite cheap for one of the big boys.

No one's actually surprised by this are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Podcast download on iPlayer
            Was planning to make the same post but stayed offline last night...

Great program, showed up exactly whats wrong with IT in this country; over complicated, over ambitious and badly run
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

When I worked for HP they were charging a client 1500 a day for me. I was 36K a year ... I became a contractor soon arfter!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                When I worked for HP they were charging a client 1500 a day for me. I was 36K a year ... I became a contractor soon arfter!
                Similar story for me. My old boss hired me out to Accidenture for 850 euros per day. Accidenture charged their client 1500 per day. I earned 40,000 euros per year and had to haggle with my boss over the 20 euros per day food budget while staying in a Bastion Hotel at 50 euros per night. My test manager on that project was a contractor who told me all about contracting. When I took the leap shortly after the project he offered me a contract at his new clientco.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                X