• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bulger killer back in jail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulger killer back in jail

What a freakin' surprise.

Never mind the movie grimace thread, this one really upset me, still does.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/8546528.stm

I would willingly spear him, makes me as bad I know but I'd do it, the thought of that little lad going through all that cos of this fooker and his cohort - it's all I need.

Anyone read Crime and Punishment? it's a laboured read but I belive sometimes in it's tenet, some people are great, and some just don't deserve the gift of life they've been given.

Originally posted by stek View Post
    What a freakin' surprise.
    The copper who led the investigation seems to think so:
    Retired Det Supt Albert Kirby, who led the murder inquiry, said he was surprised Venables was back behind bars.

He added: "I've always thought, with regards to that particular boy, that from what we've heard over the years there was every possibility he would have avoided going back into prison."

Although what Venables and Thompson did was so dreadful as to be beyond excuse, they themselves were still children - they were ten years old. The fact that, at that age, they could perpetrate such brutality is more a condemnation of the social circumstances in which they were raised, and the lack of guidance they received, than of themselves; they were themselves scarcely formed as people at that point.

It doesn't really matter what he's been re-banged up for: he could have been in a pub brawl, or he could have been caught with a 'teenth of weed. Whatever it might be, it at least demonstrates that all the maundering one hears about lifers getting off easy because they're allowed out on licence isn't justified: life on licence isn't that easy after all. One slip, and you're back inside.

The next time somebody starts whining on here about getting a ticket for driving at ninety-five on the motorway, they should reflect on the fact that that would probably get a lifer-on-licence back into maximum security for another year or five.

Comment

there was every possibility he would have avoided going back into prison
      Not the same as "not reoffending" is it? With our legal system it seems fairly routine for some to break the law and "avoid" going to prison.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Not the same as "not reoffending" is it? With our legal system it seems fairly routine for some to break the law and "avoid" going to prison.
        If you're released under license, then "not going back to prison" is the same as "not reoffending". Read the analysis box.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I blame the parents.

Comment

Working...
          X