• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shaving Oil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaving Oil

Anyone ever use this stuff? I bought some the other day because it comes in small bottles & I can take it through airport security with no probs. Seems to work ok but the problem is how do you get the frikkin stuff off afterwards? Despite a good rinse, I'm sat here at my desk feeling like i've got a coating of chip fat all over my face.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Anyone ever use this stuff? I bought some the other day because it comes in small bottles & I can take it through airport security with no probs. Seems to work ok but the problem is how do you get the frikkin stuff off afterwards? Despite a good rinse, I'm sat here at my desk feeling like i've got a coating of chip fat all over my face.
    I use it. Are you sure that chip fat feeling isn't the silky smoothness of a decent shave?

Shower removes any trace for me.

Are we going metro today?

Comment

Real men use bars of soap. Real, real men skip on the soap.

Comment

I can't see the point in shaving oil or foam. I just use soap, seriously.

It does the job, without knackering my face, so why not?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I use it. Are you sure that chip fat feeling isn't the silky smoothness of a decent shave?
          No, I know what one of those feels like. There's an old fashioned barber in bristol who does an old fashioned style deluxe shave. Takes about half an hour & comes complete with cut throat razors, hot towels, oils the works & costs 20 quid. Didn't need to shave for a week after that

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            I can't see the point in shaving oil or foam. I just use soap, seriously.

It does the job, without knackering my face, so why not?
            Nothing wrong with using soap, I think the theory is that foam is meant to create a better foam. I find soap very drying on the bits of me that I shave (no, not my face!).
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

No, I know what one of those feels like. There's an old fashioned barber in bristol who does an old fashioned style deluxe shave. Takes about half an hour & comes complete with cut throat razors, hot towels, oils the works & costs 20 quid. Didn't need to shave for a week after that
              Surely a really really close shave a) makes you look like a woman, and b) only lasts a day anyway.

I usually use gel, but I've used soap before. With gel or foam you can see which bits you've done easier, but I'm not sure there's any real benefit over soap.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I use soap, lather up, leave it went and then put shave gel on top of it. It works a treat. If I get a bit of razor burn I'll then put on a bit of Nivea balm.

/metro

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Nothing wrong with using soap, I think the theory is that foam is meant to create a better foam. I find soap very drying on the bits of me that I shave (no, not my face!).
                  Try hair conditioner - it's much more soothing for shaving.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Try hair conditioner - it's much more soothing for shaving.
                    How long is the stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X