• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Effing Radio 4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effing Radio 4

"Women's Hour"? WTF? More like "Feminist lefty whale saving lentel eating hairy lesbian's" hour! When's it "Men's Hour"?

Another thing, why do radio presenters insist on affecting a foreign accent when mentioning some foreign Johnnies name? This only seems to have happened since "Sarkozy" or should I say "Sarkozeeeeee".

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

"Women's Hour"? WTF? More like "Feminist lefty whale saving lentel eating hairy lesbian's" hour! When's it "Men's Hour"?

Another thing, why do radio presenters insist on affecting a foreign accent when mentioning some foreign Johnnies name? This only seems to have happened since "Sarkozy" or should I say "Sarkozeeeeee".

I've been in trouble with t'other half in the past for just that point. Her argument seems to be that the other 23 hours of the day on radio 4 are "Mens Hour" - a pure, unadulterated fallacy.

Comment

Lentil
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Nowt wrong with whales or lentils though.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Wasn't there a Viz t-shirt of this many years ago(?), with decomposing whale in the background and placard-carrying hippy in the foreground saying:

"as you can see, I've been saving this one for some time!"

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Lentil
            Thanks.

Yeah, they make a great combination on a plate!

Comment

I usually quite enjoy womans hour

and I'm a bloke
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                I usually quite enjoy womans hour

and I'm a bloke
                Keep telling yourself that mate!

Comment

Yes, its amazing how they support all that brickwork.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

... Another thing, why do radio presenters insist on affecting a foreign accent when mentioning some foreign Johnnies name? This only seems to have happened since "Sarkozy" or should I say "Sarkozeeeeee".
                    The BBC have been obsessive about that for years. Announcers think they're clever pronouncing foreign names authentically. They just do it to show off.

It's a wonder they don't talk about "Paree" and "Roma" and so on, instead of the anglicised names.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X