• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Chico will not go to heaven ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Chico will not go to heaven ...

I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. (Matthew 19:24.)

By the standards of most of humanity, we are incredibly rich, hence heaven is barred to us. That includes you, Chico.

We're all doomed I tell yer ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Yeh but rich is relative. If Mathew was around today he would say that anyone with less than 3 4x4s would not count.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Well I would imagine that God judges wealth by the whole of humanity not the West alone? Given that most of the world's population are lucky if they get enough calories every day, we are incredibly rich.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'll save Chico the trouble of embarrassing himself by pointing out that most wealthy fundamentalist Christians now maintain that Jesus was only talking metaphorically and when he said "eye of a needle" he was referring to a small gate in the walls of Jerusalem through which you could only pass a camel by taking off some of its bulkier luggage. Therefore stinking rich people can go to heaven as long as they toss a few scraps in the poor box.

Obvious really, when you think about it. As with most similar things, it's not do as I do, it's do as I say.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

He's very quiet. Probably consulting with his Alpha Course "controller" to find out how to respond
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's a trick question, isn't it

Chico won't go to heaven because there isn't one, the qualifier being that you meant the heaven as believed in by those followers of christianity.
            Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. (Matthew 19:24.)

By the standards of most of humanity, we are incredibly rich, hence heaven is barred to us. That includes you, Chico.

We're all doomed I tell yer ...
              I don't go with all this money doesn't bring you happiness tripe. Lack of money certainly does bring unhappiness. I know numerous people who would either be paraplegic or dead had they not gone private rather than use the NHS. And if you are poor and old, you suffer from the cold, catch more diseases, don't have nice winter holidays in sunny climes, and so on.

The of course there's feck off wealth, whereby you have enough money that you can tell people who try to walk on you to feck off. Too often Christianity seems to teach dependence, servitude, poverty etc.

But then again, Christianity was the state religion for years, and it is unlikely that any religion would have thrived had it preached the pursuit of wealth and power, rather than poverty and obedience. Mmmm, now that I come to think about it, I'm begining to warm to Christianity. It's the perfect way to keep the proles in their place. Long live Christianity.

Tally ho! Toot toot.

Fungus

Comment

He's very quiet. Probably consulting with his Alpha Course "controller" to find out how to respond
                What was the name of that stock answers webtulipe he was found to be using once? You know the one, it even boasted that the answers were arranged for easy cut and paste into arguments. I could do with a laugh.

Do you remember that funny one when he pasted in a stock answer that was arguing completely the opposite of what he was saying previously and he hadn't noticed?
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

He's lost his faith and by now is pissed our of his box, trawling the local knocking shops for a decent legover ...

Fungus

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                    He's lost his faith and by now is pissed our of his box, trawling the local knocking shops for a decent legover ...

Fungus
                    That would be no surprise. He's only a troll with a (not very well) hidden non-Christian agenda anyway.

The only person I've recently seen around here espousing what I would call true Christian values is that Xerxes fellow.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
                    X