• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Final Accounts for Closing company.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Accounts for Closing company.

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of closing down my limited company. I am in the process of producing my final accounts.

I have a question about my Corporation Tax return which I was hoping some one here could help me with:

My company year end is 31st Aug.
    I ceased trading on 31st Aug 2005.
    Since 31st Aug 2005 I have had three transactions occur against my company bank acocunt (an interest payment, a final VAT payment and a final expenses payment).
    When completing my CT600 can I just complete one for the Period 1st Sep 2004 to 31st Dec 2005?
    Or, do I need to complete one for the period 1st Sep 2004 to 31st Aug 2005 and another for the period 1st Sep 2005 to 31st Aug 2006?

Producing a second CT600 return for 1st Sep 2005 to 31st Aug 2006 would seem a bit over the top as there have only been three transactions in that period.

Thanks Guys.

You should, of course, ask your accountant for a definitive answer but I see no reason why the volume of transactions makes a difference. You have to file a return for every company year your company is in existence, regardless of whether it is only a few transactions or not (or even, for that matter, if it is no transactions).

Comment

Thanks Lucifer,

The reason I started to think that I could submit just one CT600 for a longer period, is that in the CT600 notes, it talks about filing CT600s for periods of up to 18 months.

I began wondering if the closing of a company is one of the situations in which a period of longer than 12 months may be used.

Comment

Working...
      X