• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iran, Israel, America - Per per poker face

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran, Israel, America - Per per poker face

Linky

"Do not strike" is what the Americans are telling Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. "Let's first try sanctions on Iran."

"Do not strike" is what Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is saying to Netanyahu. "If you go crazy and go to war, it will be the end of the Zionist regime."
    Netanyahu will certainly argue that his assertive stance is what convinced Obama to take a tougher line on Iran. But the prime minister's approach is risky: What will happen if diplomacy and sanctions fail, as they are expected to, and Ahmadinejad continues on his nuclear path? Will Netanyahu then be able to pull back from his heated statements and announce that the Iranian threat is not so bad? Or has he already burned the bridge for a withdrawal and will have to go to war?

Netanyahu is playing poker and hiding his most important card: the Israel Defense Forces' true capabilities to destroy Iran's nuclear installations. If he attacks, he is risking a war of attrition in which Tel Aviv will be hit by missiles and Ben-Gurion International Airport will be closed. And the longer the violence continues, the more international firms will leave the country; the talented and wealthy will abandon it, too.
    Not looking like a foregone conclusion yet, but it is worryingly close.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

"Do not strike" is what Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is saying to Netanyahu. "If you go crazy and go to war, it will be the end of the Zionist regime."
    Hmm. Bitch fight between Iran and Israel. My money's on Israel on this on. President I'm In A Dinner Jacket is a delusional, postering, unshaven tw*t
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Iran is mainly made up Shia Muslims, that branch of Islam is based on martyrdom. It is not nuclear bombs that will be the problem. The problem will be the unleashing of millions of martyrs if Iran is attacked.

Iran will not be an easy target for Israel and if Israel attacks there will be no distinction between Israel, the USA and the UK.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Hmm. Bitch fight between Iran and Israel. My money's on Israel on this on. President I'm In A Dinner Jacket is a delusional, postering, unshaven tw*t
        ?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

IMADJ is a puppet leader; the supreme leader has the power over the president. The country is run by three separate authorities; central government in Tehran, the Revolutionary Guard and the Secret Islamic Police.

While the USA and UK are supporting Israel on one side, China, India, Russia and Japan have huge investments in Iran and thus are virtually on the other side.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Iran is mainly made up Shia Muslims, that branch of Islam is based on martyrdom. It is not nuclear bombs that will be the problem. The problem will be the unleashing of millions of martyrs if Iran is attacked.

Iran will not be an easy target for Israel and if Israel attacks there will be no distinction between Israel, the USA and the UK.
            The history doesnt bear this out. Iran and IRAQ fought a couple of big wars in the last few decades and I dont recall Iraq being overrun by millions of martyrs. nice theory though

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              The history doesnt bear this out. Iran and IRAQ fought a couple of big wars in the last few decades and I dont recall Iraq being overrun by millions of martyrs. nice theory though

In the Iran – Iraq war there were thousands (could be over a million) of martyrs sent on the battlefields with Iraq. It is difficult to calculate true casualties in the war but Iran seems to have lost up to 5,000,000. The best evidence is to count the number of widows rather that soldiers reported dead.

Iraq is not Iran’s natural enemy and vv.

Also remember it was the USA and UK that were on the side on Iraq at that time. It was also the USA that shot down the Iranian Airbus full of civilians.

Comment

A million on each side IIRC, but soldiers not martyrs. Unless you define a martyr differently than I do.
                I really wouldnt worry too much about millions of screaming Iranian beardies swarming all over the place, it's the few highly trained nasties who will cause us the problem.

in my opinion

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

A million on each side IIRC, but soldiers not martyrs. Unless you define a martyr differently than I do.
                  I really wouldnt worry too much about millions of screaming Iranian beardies swarming all over the place, it's the few highly trained nasties who will cause us the problem.

in my opinion

Ayatollah Khomeini sent children into battle against Iraq's tanks, promising them that Allah was on their side and would protect them.

If that isn't martyrdom, I don't know what is.

Comment

in my opinion

Your opinion seems to be in a minority in particular with international news analysis. Try looking at it another way. If your town was bombed by a foreign country, troops were landed, your family shot in your back garden and your house destroyed would you just shrug you shoulders and say “oh well that a bit of a bummer.”

Comment

Working...
                    X