• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going to an interview with Bad vibes...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to an interview with Bad vibes...

Today for a testing company trying to branch out into Service Management with a ClientCo.

"ClientCO doesn't want you until April [budget time], but we can make use of you before that"

Why do I get the feeling that they would just want me to do the planning for said project and then dump me when they got the chance?

They haven't said anything to suggest this but I'm suspicious...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Four or five weeks is not a good length of time for a contract. Still, at least your antennae are up, thats good

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Don't work for nowt, offer a casual daily rate. I'd say it is a good way in, but on the other hand if you don't like the setup then tell them you've found something else. Perfect !

Comment

So, how did it go?

Comment

OK I s'pose.

The client consultancy account manager had cut and pasted my CV onto his company headed notepaper.

And then he spent the debriefing phone-call (he'd gone to lunch by the time I'd finished with the clientco) to point out that I needed to be seen as part of his 'team', not a contractor...

That's all you need to know, really...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I know a contractor that didn't mind doing this sort of thing, though I didn't get it. He always saw it as a potential future customer ... not for me, but ho hum.

Comment

Part of a team! Bah! Aftter I assume power this appalling discrimination against us antisocial misfits will be illegal.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                OK I s'pose.

The client consultancy account manager had cut and pasted my CV onto his company headed notepaper.

And then he spent the debriefing phone-call (he'd gone to lunch by the time I'd finished with the clientco) to point out that I needed to be seen as part of his 'team', not a contractor...

That's all you need to know, really...
                Oh dear, one for the bin?
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Hmmmm. Never seen this type of thing before.

Comment

Surely when you dont have business cards, company email address etc. etc. then it would be obvious you're not one of his team..
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X