• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the recession over?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the recession over?

See poll.
    What recession?
    12.50%
    The worst is over but the road to recovery will be rocky
    21.88%
    The tulip has yet to hit the fan
    46.88%
    Buy beans and ammo
    9.38%
    sasguru laughs in the face of recession and runs away muttering something about cretin
    9.38%

Nah, jsut starting.

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

No.

Comment

By official figures yes.

There'll be a lot of ups and downs over the next few years. The real crash has been in paper currencies due to the trillions printed.

Lots of scope to make a lot money if you think about it.

I think we'll see a big tick up or down after the next election, depending on who gets in / hung parliament.

Lots of big tax rises and job loses then too, and that's when UK property prices will take a big hit.

I'll pile in on UK property at that point. Until then it's move your cash around the currencies and gold game.

Buy buy buy!

bye bye.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          By official figures yes.

There'll be a lot of ups and downs over the next few years. The real crash has been in paper currencies due to the trillions printed.

Lots of scope to make a lot money if you think about it.

I think we'll see a big tick up or down after the next election, depending on who gets in / hung parliament.

Lots of big tax rises and job loses then too, and that's when UK property prices will take a big hit.

I'll pile in on UK property at that point. Until then it's move your cash around the currencies and gold game.

Buy buy buy!

bye bye.
          Check this out for über doom to come in the house market:

GfK estimates that about 3.8 million people are now paying more on their mortgage than their house is worth..."The reality is that if there are further job cuts, the problem will become significantly worse."...The report came on the same day that Nationwide, Britain's biggest building society, said the fall in property prices was continuing apace, with average prices falling a further 1.8 per cent in January, taking them back to the level they were in April 2004.
          http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...chers-say.html

Comment

The big dip is coming in 2011/2012 when big corporates are unable to refi their debt because the ratings and the data on which a refi package would be built is so volatile as to be thoroughly misleading.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8549000.stm

UK house prices recorded their first monthly fall since June with a 1.5% drop in February, the Halifax has said.

Comment

House prices in prime London locations rise by £16,000 per month.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009...ndon-locations

Boomed! I feel sorry for you provincials.

PS Don't know why I go to work.
                Ah just rememebered - I get loads of wonga for doing very little. Multi-boomed.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

If you compound that rise over the next 10 years, your house will be worth £300,000,000,000,000

Well done!

Best go spend it now!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Bloody hell. Is it 2009 already?

That came around fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X