• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post delivery etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post delivery etiquette

Wots the etiquette when the postman drops off a parcel at your gaff for a neighbour and says he'll pop a card through their door?

Are you supposed to take the parcel over when you know the neighbour's back or should you wait for them to come and collect it?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

If you’re on good terms pop across?
    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Take it over to your neighbour. The posties don't always put a card through their door.
      If it is a desirable item, deny all knowledge
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

My post was delivered at about 17:45 yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Wots the etiquette when the postman drops off a parcel at your gaff for a neighbour and says he'll pop a card through their door?

Are you supposed to take the parcel over when you know the neighbour's back or should you wait for them to come and collect it?
          Depends how fit she is and if you have more chance banging her at yours or at hers IMHO
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My postie doesn't bother with his uniform and delivers letters with a fag hanging out of his mouth. Classy!
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              My postie doesn't bother with his uniform and delivers letters with a fag hanging out of his mouth. Classy!
              Better than not bothering with uniform, fag hanging out his mouth and not bothering to post your mail IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Better than not bothering with uniform, fag hanging out his mouth and not bothering to post your mail IMHO
                He normally does a good job of shredding it whilst trying to get it through the letterbox.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  He normally does a good job of shredding it whilst trying to get it through the letterbox.
                  ROFL. I get. My letter says something like PLSENTND on it, once opened up it says Please do not bend in big red letters.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Pop across when you know they are in.

That way they will return the favour for you if you aren't around so you don't have to trek to the delivery office.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X