• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I want to join the masons...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to join the masons...

Where do I apply?

I was invited some time ago...
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Where do I apply?
      why?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

but churcy says you cannot be invited

Comment

but churcy says you cannot be invited
          Dunno about that but after doing a few gigs in masonic halls and getting pished with ex grand masters it seemed I had an open door.

Didn't ever get involved but those guys had some form of integrity that I couldn't fault and it did set them apart from the rest - don't ask me about that side of things.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

agreed

was invited to a ladies evening

was a chance to treat wives like trophys and for the men to gather round in huddles with cigars and brandys

I enjoyed looking at the ladies, smoking cigars and drinking brandy

I did not enjoy getting knocked flat by SY02s handbag, or being asked to join the masons.

Otherwise a good evening,

HTH
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Where do I apply?
              Might I suggest you find your nearest Masonic Hall and make an enquiry. You might want to check out "The Knights of St Columba" too.

Comment

What are the benefits of joining? Do you get free AA membership and the like?
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I believe you get a pair of trousers with one leg shorter than the other, plus a book on funny handshakes.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    What are the benefits of joining? Do you get free AA membership and the like?
                    Tesco Clubcard points. Because every little helps.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X