• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boot Windows with sound on, or off? You decide.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot Windows with sound on, or off? You decide.

One of my clients are so security concious, that apart from all the usual paperwork requiring great-grandmothers maiden names, a complete work history, and several passport photographs, they've insisted I use their supplied PC. A PC that is so carp I initially thought they were joking. They weren't.

A username arrived after a couple of weeks, but no password.

A few days ago I eventually got a start menu out of it. There are no programs. It does actually say "(Empty)"

I can't even make the base bar bigger so I get the full date displayed. In fact the only thing that I can do with it is adjust the volume.

So I'm having fun, booting with sound effects, or booting without.
    Sound on
    25.00%
    Sound off
    25.00%
    AndyW makes sweet music for me.
    50.00%
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    So I'm having fun, booting with sound effects, or booting without.
    Never before has your .sig seemed so appropriate

Comment

Working...
    X