• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cleaners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaners

Have you got one? How much is the going rate? How long do they come for, and how often?

The missus is proposing to get one weekly, 25 quid a time... That's over a grand a year!

Suitable comments, advice, p155 takes welcome
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

I used to have, she cost about £8 an hour and came in for 3 hrs a fortnight and did my whole place.

Worth every penny IMO.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

the cleaner in work has been getting a bit flirty lately, which is nice , yet strangely nice.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Depends what type of "cleaner", the sort that sweeps up the dirt, the sort that are stereotypically of Filipino persuasion who provide cleaning services with lots of suction power or the sort that work on a contract basis and the "target" ends up in a bath of acid or with concrete feet?

more details required
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Have you got one? How much is the going rate? How long do they come for, and how often?

The missus is proposing to get one weekly, 25 quid a time... That's over a grand a year!

Suitable comments, advice, p155 takes welcome
          You could offer to do it. That would save you a grand a year.

Comment

My missus had a cleaner until last month. 3 hours at £15 p/h. My missus aint working and is looking after the kids. Even when I was on the bench looking, my missus still had a cleaner.

You can now fathom we no longer have one.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              My missus had a cleaner until last month. 3 hours at £15 p/h. My missus aint working and is looking after the kids. Even when I was on the bench looking, my missus still had a cleaner.

You can now fathom we no longer have one.
              You could have done it. That would have saved you £45 a week.

Comment

I don't have one at the moment and I hate it.

When I was living abroad we had 'maid service' (what they call cleaners there) and before that I had a cleaner for several years when I was still in the UK. It was worth every penny I paid and more.

It is such a weight off my mind. I could come home to a clean house/condo/flat with all my ironing done, etc. Not only was it cheaper to get someone else to do all that compared to my time, but I believe that it also made me more productive.

However, I was a single bloke for most of the time I had one. Some couples I've know done have one because the woman doesn't like the idea of someone in their house. I've even knew one lady, who worked all week, to say that she liked doing the cleaning on a Saturday morning because it was therapeutic!

I don't remember what I paid, but I'm sure it was more than what I've seen quoted here.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Wasn't that the reason for getting married?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    You could offer to do it. That would save you a grand a year.

<wipes tears from eyes>
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X