• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Brrrrr Warming affecting shipping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Brrrrr Warming affecting shipping

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8550687.stm

Four ships have broken free after being stuck in the ice in the Baltic Sea, but around 50 remain stuck, officials say.

Some ships are stranded in the waters between Stockholm and the Aaland Islands, while others are stuck in the Bay of Bothnia to the north.

It is reportedly the worst Baltic freeze for 15 years.

I guess all the ice caps are melting too?

if it wasn't for global warming then the entire north sea would be frozen and the ships wouldn't be there in the first place!!!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Global warming has reduced the gulf stream current, so for any of us still in blighty, the global warming means our average temperature will go down and not up. Especially if the gulf stream turns off completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Babbage View Post
        Global warming has reduced the gulf stream current
        Linky???
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Linky???
          Yes, not a link saying Global Warming theoretically might slow the gulf stream current, but one where the gulf stream current has actually been measured this year and has been seen to have reduced or stopped completely.

In other words, prove it.

Comment

Global warming has reduced the gulf stream current, so for any of us still in blighty, the global warming means our average temperature will go down and not up. Especially if the gulf stream turns off completely.
            The source of the Gulf Stream is cool, check the ocean temps round Florida. Florida was breaking cold temperature records, because the Atlantic is cool, and there were no hurricanes last year.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 5 March 2010, 09:45.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Speculation.

But if you worship the Al Gore manbearpig, then by the the power of the billionaire: "By Gore, forgive us our carbon emissions, lead us into the stone age, so thy may be richer, by the Glory of Moonbat, for ever and ever until the money runs out" you'll believe any old fairy tale.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Gulf stream not slowing
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Speculation.

But if you worship the Al Gore manbearpig, then by the the power of the billionaire: "By Gore, forgive us our carbon emissions, lead us into the stone age, so thy may be richer, by the Glory of Moonbat, for ever and ever until the money runs out" you'll believe any old fairy tale.
                  Thanks for the new sig.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Thanks for the new sig.
                    You're welcome my crustaceanal amigo . Purely for my own vanity, may I be so bold as to ask you kindly in prefixing my name to your sig?
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X