• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stating the obvious thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stating the obvious thread

For a bunch of what I assume to be fairly intelligent contractors and IT savvy people there are some truly shocking statements on here every now and again..

So for the benefit for all here is a list of what I believe to be fairly obvious statements but some might find it useful..

- This is a public forum, this means everything you write can be seen by anyone who has access to a computer and the internet, this includes The Police, HMRC, the mentally unwell, non-daily mail readers, your average joe on the street, agents, goths, truckers called Barry, the BBC, andyW's mum (if andyW hasn't sold her pc to pay for agression management courses).
    Therefore if you do not want any particular group mentioned above to see what you write then don't write it.

- Some people are not what they appear to be on a public internet forum, for instance, I am not black, I do not look like Lenny Henry, I do however enjoy cooking.. yes, shocking as that may be, it's the truth

- Some people inflate there lives as to slightly bend the truth on internet forums. Examples may include things such as claiming to be extremely clever, claiming they live in the only millionaire mansion in Swindon, claiming to know all there is to know about Financial markets or claiming to look like their avatar. You must decide yourself if these statements are true but do not take faith in everything you read on the internet. That includes "naked Britney spears/squirrels/sheep" (delete according to preference) webpage results in search engines.

- There are some people in the world that do not read the Daily Mail, this is not because they are an immigrant and too poor or stupid to take value in the material, it is simply that they believe it is a big pile of biggoted, right-wing, middle England, anti-immigrant, racist, misogynist, homophobic, anti-intellectual, sanctimonious pile of tripe. Others may have a very different opinion and believe it represents society at large and how it could be improved.

- The cup holder you use that comes with your pc isn't actually designed as a cup holder, it is what is generally known as a "CD tray", try putting in your Val Doonican cd in it, close it and see what happens. The above does not work with records or any type of viny or cassette's.

Any other obvious statements to help our online colleagues are most welcome..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    For .. blah blah blah .....welcome..
    Whatever.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

- Some people are not what they appear to be on a public internet forum, for instance, I am not black, I do not look like Lenny Henry, I do however enjoy cooking.. yes, shocking as that may be, it's the truth

- Some people inflate there lives as to slightly bend the truth on internet forums. Examples may include things such as claiming to be extremely clever, claiming they live in the only millionaire mansion in Swindon, claiming to know all there is to know about Financial markets or claiming to look like their avatar. You must decide yourself if these statements are true but do not take faith in everything you read on the internet. That includes "naked Britney spears/squirrels/sheep" (delete according to preference) webpage results in search engines..
      But, but, but, ..... I am a BLOKE and I do have a HAIRY ARSE.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Whatever.
        WHS.

Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          WHS.

Yawn.
          sorry the sentences are a bit long for you, perhaps I should have started with a "IMMIGRANTS READ CUK !!!!" to get your attention then go on to spout tripe about the cost of their houses and how by writing in this forum you give way to millions of hardcore eastern european hackers to steal your ID's, your jobs and get taxed for it.. I'll try harder next time.
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

sorry the sentences are a bit long for you, perhaps I should have started with a "IMMIGRANTS READ CUK !!!!" to get your attention then go on to spout tripe about the cost of their houses and how by writing in this forum you give way to millions of hardcore eastern european hackers to steal your ID's, your jobs and get taxed for it.. I'll try harder next time.
              What's rattled your cage?

Comment

Hang on, one minute you are telling us that you look nothing like your av, now you are having a go at the only person here who does look like his

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  It's true, I've seen it.

No, hang on a minute, that's not right.

Comment

Chef, I think you are missing the point, quite happy to discuss in a PM rather than a pointless argument for you to demontrate how liberal you are for the benefit of the CUK trannies.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X