• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Batteries.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batteries.

Guess wot happens when you leave batteries in stuff for 20 years.

Amazingly enough, only one out 5 Thandar counter/timers thingies is a write off coz of battery leakage.

But that one was a real goodie, I don't know what that yellow gunge is*, but I'm not touching it without gloves on.

But a set of Vart C cells with a best before of March 1989 are still going strong giving roughly an amp on short circuit.

All the duracell ones were either leaking or flat as the proverbial pancake**.

*probably potassium hydroxide.

** best before June 1993.

The battery from my favourite calculator that I used in school is still original.

However the lead acid battery in my old car goes flat in about 2 weeks.

Comment

Batteries never seem to last long enough for me, I seem to be replacing them nightly.
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        Batteries never seem to last long enough for me, I seem to be replacing them nightly.
        Mildly NSFW

Forget batteries, you want steam power and a couple of strapping stokers.

MrsB swears by it.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

[insert obligatory juvenile comment]
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            [insert obligatory juvenile comment]
            Well it was kind of expected
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

try using a light that plugs into the wall rather than running off batteries..

that is what you're referring to isn't it?
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                try using a light that plugs into the wall rather than running off batteries..

that is what you're referring to isn't it?
                Of course
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Mildly NSFW

Forget batteries, you want steam power and a couple of strapping stokers.

MrsB swears by it.
                  Wow! I'm sure the sweat that thing generates will contain a mixture of passion and fear.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                  X