• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'd just like to make this point...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd just like to make this point...

..."Snatch Landrovers" are not meant to be bomb-proof.

They are "relatively" light, powerful vehicles that are meant to get in, deploy/collect and then get the hell out of Dodge.

Hth.

I love the term snatch Landrover.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I love the term snatch Landrover.
      Not when you are in it whilst Explosively Formed Penetrator hits you...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        ..."Snatch Landrovers" are not meant to be bomb-proof.

They are "relatively" light, powerful vehicles that are meant to get in, deploy/collect and then get the hell out of Dodge.

Hth.
        Serious question Churchill.

At which point is it acceptable for a government to draw a line under a sliding scale of investment in the armed forces in terms of security/body armour/armoured vehicles/latest equipment etc versus the safety of the armed forces themselves?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You can't beat a good snatch.

Comment

I'm thinking rand(y) snatch lover.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              <snigger>
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                This is about weightlifting, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Serious question Churchill.

At which point is it acceptable for a government to draw a line under a sliding scale of investment in the armed forces in terms of security/body armour/armoured vehicles/latest equipment etc versus the safety of the armed forces themselves?
                  It's not acceptable at any point.

If you expect our boys and girls to do a job you damn well make sure that they have the relevant equipment and skills to do it!

However, the SAS boys and the girl were in the right vehicle for the particular job they were doing - they were just unlucky. Victims of war.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    It's not acceptable at any point.
                    It's valid question. But that is a populist answer. It may not be 'acceptable' but there does have to be a decision.

In the terms of a government, project, company. There are a number of finite resources that can be allocated to any one area. Army, NHS, Public services etc. Each one of these good have better equipment, and if I changed the question to any of these the answer would be the same.

In IT the adage goes, give me enough money, people and time and I'll deliver whatever you want. The same is true everywhere.

I agree though, more unfortunate victims of war.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X