• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prescott satellite to spy on your home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prescott satellite to spy on your home

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/pol...icle335970.ece

"The Government is planning to compile a database of every home in Britain, which will include details of how many bedrooms each house has and what kind of roof it has.

Inspectors will look at whether garden sheds have been converted into offices or studios and whether kitchens or porches have been extended. They will even be able to see if a drive has been Tarmacked or a shrubbery extended. The computer system will be used to assess council tax, inheritance tax and capital gains tax.",

it gets worse !!

Happy new year all.

Milan.

EDS will get the contract for that.

Finished in 2085 - I don't think any of us need to worry.

How can they check to see if a shed's been turned into an office ? xray ?
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

So this is how they're going to ensure that a Council Tax revaluation is performed.

Sneaky buggers!

Comment

hmm, I see a business opportunity

I wonder where I can get a supplier for infra red visibile only paint? Imagine being able to write 'f**k off Prescott" on your roof or even the local police station roof (now they have been shut in most places) with impunity!

Or maybe a few IR lamps pointing upwards to bathe the whole garden in an eiree glow?

maybe if they are so desperate for cash they could try chasing the scumbags that fail to pay fines - .5 billion owed and climbing fast. Oh sorry they only go for soft targets!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran
          I wonder where I can get a supplier for infra red visibile only paint? Imagine being able to write 'f**k off Prescott" on your roof or even the local police station roof (now they have been shut in most places) with impunity!

Or maybe a few IR lamps pointing upwards to bathe the whole garden in an eiree glow?

maybe if they are so desperate for cash they could try chasing the scumbags that fail to pay fines - .5 billion owed and climbing fast. Oh sorry they only go for soft targets!
          Reminds me of the farmer in Wales who was so fed up with the low flying training exercises of the RAF that he put something similar on his roof - it only encouraged pilots from all over the country to come and see it.

I'm having a new extension next year - thinking of a rooftop garden complete with turf to hide the true size/value of the house.

Comment

Is this of any use vetran
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Interesting link MrsGoof. That EviDust thingy sounds like it could have all sorts of uses...

Comment

Sounds scary but you can view the same details already with Google Earth.

Comment

Google Earth won't tax you more for building a shrubbery to get rid of the neighbours who say Ni.

Comment

Since whenever they backdate their future legislation from....
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X