• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITIL! - I am so bored!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITIL! - I am so bored!!!

Thats it for me. Next contract/job is definitely not going to be in the IT Department. Sales or Marketing for me. This is definitely the last time I work in the bloody IT Department.

Christ ITIL is so ******* dull.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

If you think it's dull, you're doing it worng...

Seriously I had workshop planned this morning, to sort out the chaos that the client is having moving work from helpdesk to engineer. The objective is to establish a fully ITIL-compliant Incident Management structure that underpins all the other improvement work I'm doing, and to create some controlled resource pools rather than lumping everything on whoever happens to be around. Just like the book says.

It got canned, because the two key participants - the ones that run the desk and own Incident Management - were in a meeting discussing how compliant their processes are with the ITIL V3 handbook with some external assessors...

Whoop-di-doo. Yes they may be compliant with the model. So just why aren't they in evidence on the floor with the people doing the work then? But hey, what do I know, I've only been making ITIL work since around 1995.

mutter mutter mutter.....
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE2 of Darkness
      I had an interview with a council some years ago where they said "We don't need to use PRINCE2 because we use ITIL for running projects". Now there's a good sign of an organisation that knows nothing about everything!
      That cheered me up no end!

Comment

Working...
      X