• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still benched?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still benched?

Ok,

So I've accepted and started a permie role for a consultancy; however I would like you to consider me still benched and taking the equivalent of a bar job to entertain myself whilst I find a contract...

Agreed?
    B00med!

Why?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No. Permie! Permie! Exterminate! Exterminate!

Seriously though, commiserations. I hope it won’t take too long.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

We should have a poll on how long you are going to last in the job.

When is your review?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          We should have a poll on how long you are going to last in the job.

When is your review?
          Not a clue; I have to fill in something about where I want my career to go... what does this mean? I've searched permieuk.com to no avail.
          B00med!

Comment

That's something I've been resisting but the ice is wearing thin now.

How permie is permie?

Comment

as long as your notice period (in the worst case scenario)...

as long as it takes you to put your underpants on your head and pencils up your nose (in the best case scenario)
              B00med!

Comment

I didn't really want to mess anybody about but am beginning to realise that I need to find something

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                  Not a clue; I have to fill in something about where I want my career to go... what does this mean? I've searched permieuk.com to no avail.
                  Find out what your manager does. Then write that you want to do what s/he does.

Simples.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                    Ok,

So I've accepted and started a permie role for a consultancy; however I would like you to consider me still benched and taking the equivalent of a bar job to entertain myself whilst I find a contract...

Agreed?
                    OK - we do what we have to do.

I have considered doing the same, but got a contract just in time. I have also considered going back to a consultancy role, just to pick up new skills for a year or so, its all part of contractings rich tapestry.

- hope you get a nice laptop, and good luck with it all.
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X