• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conservatives loath waste

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conservatives loath waste

Originally posted by David Cameron
    Conservatives loathe waste. Efficiency is in our DNA. We never forget that fundamental fact about public money, which is that it's public.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-of-money.html

Edit: Oh how embarrassing, I've spelt loathe wrong.

Last edited by doodab; 6 March 2010, 11:59.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

1 duck house = 1750 quid (paid back)
    Housing the unemployed for a year = 17,500,000,000 quid

Of course the duck pond spend is much more important a topic.

Comment

NHS IT project = 30,000,000,000 (never going to work)

Comment

ID card system 18,000,000,000 (never going to work)

Comment

London Olympics = 4,000,000,000 quid

Comment

Trident renewal = 130,000,000,000 (never used)

Comment

It was the irony that amused me. I wasn't trying to make a political point, other than pointing out that they all seem to think we are idiots with very short memories.

What amuses me most about government IT projects is that the UK civil service project management methods are hailed as best practice and everyone rushes to adopt them.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I have not done a productive days work at clientCo financial for about 3 months, I'm tutorialed out now. Yet they are still paying me and I will be payed for another 4 months. Waste is endemic in this country.

Ironically 10% of what I earn goes back into clientCo for my pension which seems to be a waste again looking at the fun dgrowth rates. I am wasting what I earn on waste.

Comment

Working...
                X