• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chrome or Safari

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome or Safari

Got fed up with IE being so slow and unreliable.

Which alternative browser do you recommend?

I find the image translators work for the construct program.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I haven't used Safari, so can't compare the two.

I use both Firefox and Chrome on Linux and Windows (MrsF's laptop). Haven't used IE in years and see no need to return.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I prefer Firefox, Mr P prefers Chrome.
        Neither of us has touched IE for quite some time
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I wouldn't use Safari in Windows, its great on a Mac, but last time I tried it on windows it was useless.

Comment

At former ClientOrg where I was stuck with Windows, I used Chrome for browsing and Firefox for development work. (I would have used Chrome for both, but we were developing for an application that embedded Gecko rather than for the web.)

On the Mac I use Safari. I tried it on Windows, but it killed the ClientOrg machine - not even a BSOD, just start Safari and BOOM! a moment later the machine rebooted

Comment

Opera.

Comment

I use IE. Firefox is too slow, Chrome is too basic, and Safari comes from the evil empire so I wouldn't go near it. I suppose I should give Opera a proper try one day.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I use firefox, chrome & occasionally IE as some sites I deal with require it. Opera I have on my phone but I don't really use it on the desktop

I have just typed "sudo apt-get install lynx" into my ubuntu server. I'll probably regret that in the morning.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Chrome certainly opens faster than others seem to. Not sure opening speed is same on all machines, Firefox which everybody else rates, is the slowest I find. Setting maybe.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X