• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luton to London Bridge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luton to London Bridge

If anyone uses the Thameslink could I have some advice please.

SY02 is going to a hen party in London Bridge. All the trains from Luton require at least one change. I was thinking about sending her to blackfriars with directions to walk on foot.

The last thing I want is her on the underground with the great unwashed on a Saturday. Taxi from S/Pancras is of course an option.

WTF can you not get a connection straight through any more?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

The underground is fine - I've got home on the beer scooter many times. Stop worrying.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I wouldn't advise my other half to walk from Blackfriars to London Bridge instead of getting the northern line from st Pancras / Euston unless I was hoping to remain celibate for a week or two. Especially if she is going to a party and likely to be wearing party shoes.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It's easy. Tube from Blackfriars to Monument. Walk over London Bridge.
        Even party shoes should cope with that
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Then she could just get the jube from St Pancras direcly and save a change on the thameslink as well.

I would be more concerned about ne'er do wells in the bars & clubs cracking on to her than riding on the tube.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            If anyone uses the Thameslink could I have some advice please.

SY02 is going to a hen party in London Bridge. All the trains from Luton require at least one change. I was thinking about sending her to blackfriars with directions to walk on foot.

The last thing I want is her on the underground with the great unwashed on a Saturday. Taxi from S/Pancras is of course an option.

WTF can you not get a connection straight through any more?

The tube isn't that bad on a Saturday. If she's getting the train then get the midland mainline (faster and doesn't stop everywhere). If she's coming back late then get a taxi to st P

I don't know what's happened as crapital first connect (or whatever they call themselves these days) used to go direct.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              The tube isn't that bad on a Saturday. If she's getting the train then get the midland mainline (faster and doesn't stop everywhere). If she's coming back late then get a taxi to st P

I don't know what's happened as crapital first connect (or whatever they call themselves these days) used to go direct.
              100% cert
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                I think Blackfriars Tube station is closed for repair, not sure if has reopened yet, but that was last October
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  I think Blackfriars Tube station is closed for repair, not sure if has reopened yet, but that was last October
                  WSS - Blackfriars tube is closed until late 2011 (i.e. 2014).

Linky.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                  X