• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Office Phones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Office Phones

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good home office phone set up?

Requirements:
    - uses landline for calls (I have free call packages to all the places I need)
    - good quality hands-free (fed up having to stay glued to a phone for 2+ hours of conference calls..)
    - mute option (this could be inbuilt in the headset)

Nice extras:
    - does NOT have an inbuilt answerphone (or is a v. small addition) - phone provider has answering service
    - able to download/upload/edit numbers in phone via PC

I was thinking that a Bluetooth enabled cordless house phone + Bluetooth headset would be the best solution, but there aren't any models out there I can find that seem suitable. If anyone has a nice set up please let me know the details.

i'd be interested in this too - anybody got bleeding-edge home telephony they want to blog about?

Comment

I'm disappointed this isn't a thread about phones at the Home Office.

I have no value to add to the conversation, other than to say PCs with a modem used to be able to do this and combine with Outlook - could you get a PCI card to act as your phone?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

we could always make it about phones at the home office...

Comment

although actually, i'd rather it was about profiteroles.

Comment

You lot are rotten.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer, but I am interested in responses as I am sort of in the market.

Also, wasn't someone experimenting with a small office/home office exchange software the other day?
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              although actually, i'd rather it was about profiteroles.
              When I worked on a telecoms project for the Dutch home office, we got free Danish pastries every day from. Not quite profiteroles, but delicious nonetheless.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My mobile is all I need.
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I have a panasonic DECT one. It doesn't have a headset but the speakerphone aspect works fine, has a mute, and the answering machine can be switched off.

This one:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...227/index.html

has a headset jack as well.

No profiteroles though.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I leave the receiver on the desk with a microphone leaning against the earpiece going into my PC and the sound comes out of the loudspeakers and if I have to talk, I just shout.

Actually I have one of those fax/telephones with another plugged in to it so that I can sit on the terrace having a fag while on the phone.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X