• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oscar winners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar winners

So what do people think?

Linky
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Hurt Locker is a good movie, but not an Oscar material - maybe Avatar also isn't but it is certainly the best movie for me in 2009.

Comment

I watched Hurt Locker last night - it was OK but not that memorable
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'd give Kate Winslet one. An Oscar that is.

Her mouth is somehow alluringly wrong.

Comment

I don't enjoy the cinema that much to be honest - if the film's a turkey I can at least hit the off button when it's on TV but at the cinema I feel I have to suffer to the bitter end as I've paid a mint to get in and trekked miles across the countryside to get there in the first place.

Last film I saw was The Day After Tomorrow which I thought was diabolical. Last really good film I saw at the flicks was Gladiator.

Much preferred it when it wasn't such a bums on seats experience - used to enjoy the support film which always seemd to be some kind of armed forces recruitment film or somthing by Eric Von Danniken. Also liked having the interval and being served ices by those ladies in black and white frilly outfits.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            Much preferred it when it wasn't such a bums on seats experience - used to enjoy the support film which always seemd to be some kind of armed forces recruitment film or somthing by Eric Von Danniken. Also liked having the interval and being served ices by those ladies in black and white frilly outfits.
            You should go to the theatre more if it's the experience you are after.

I enjoyed avatar, but haven't seen any of the other oscar nominated offerings this year.

I have Up in the Air & The Hurt Locker on my lovefilm queue - hopefully they will arrive soonish...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              You should go to the theatre more if it's the experience you are after.
              Yes, I should.

I can even stomach a musical at the thteatre because i enjoy the experience so much whereas my idea of hell would probably be having to sit through Mamma Mia at the cinema.

Best theatre experience was back in the 70s when my mother hired out a box for us at the Theatre Royal, Bath to see Dracula

Comment

Try the Odeon in Stoke, it's worth going once just for the experience of watching a movie from within a zoo. I think some of the inhabitants don't remember they're not in their living rooms.
                Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Working...
                X