• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best electric shaver - sub £150.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best electric shaver - sub £150.

My trusty philishave leccie isnt giving the best results anymore. I could buy some new heads but as Ive had it for going on 3 years, I think its best to invest in a new leccie shaver.

Not into wet shaves any more. Far too messy and painful frankly.

So, been looking at the different shavers out there. The philishave is a rotary type but what about the foil shavers like Braun? How do the foil shavers compare to the rotary head type?

Any suggestions on the best type of leccie shaver for sub £150? Must be mains and rechargable ie not recharge only.

So far, these two seem good, the Braun 560 at £75 http://www.shavers.co.uk/shopping.php?product_id=839

or

another philisave HQ8250 at £82 http://www.shavers.co.uk/shopping.php?product_id=853
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

My old (more than 10 years, but it was top-end at the time) electric shaver started to pull hairs out as much as cut and the battery had packed-up some time previously, so it was being used from mains only in the end. I have replaced the battery in the past but that was expensive - I couldn't figure out how to get to the battery myself without breaking the razor.

Anyhow the new cheap razor is not much better than the old worn out one and is without its bells and whistles (such as incorrectly displaying of the number of shaves left). I've kept the old razor and may yet try and get to the battery again one day. The heads would still need sharpening or replacing though.

Comment

Are any of the new electric shavers any good? I've always wet shaved but whenever I've tried electric, it seesm to pull quite a bit. Probably 'cause it was cheap? just me?

What the finished effect like?
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
        Are any of the new electric shavers any good? I've always wet shaved but whenever I've tried electric, it seesm to pull quite a bit. Probably 'cause it was cheap? just me?

I am exactly the same but have thick stubble so might not suit us. I have a shadow even after a wet shave
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I am exactly the same but have thick stubble so might not suit us. I have a shadow even after a wet shave
          Course leccie shavers are good. In fact, they are very good and lots of people are dumping wet shaving which is very costly.

Its also a myth leccie's are only any good for certain types of stubble.

The main thing about a leccie is, if you've used a wet shave for years your skin wont take to a leccie straight away. It can take upto 3 or 4 weeks for your skin to adapt.

People 'try' leccie's for a week or so then say they are no good. Its too quick.

Besides, wet shave removes skin cells so you're effectively using a bacon slicer on yer face.

Wouldnt go back to a wet shave if you paid me tbh.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I had a Phillips rechargeable electric shaver (the ones you can use in the shower while you're pot noodling at the same time as you are squirting the white soothing shaving gel over your face) and every few years replaced the blades when it started to tug.

Lost the recharger and ended up getting a cheaper Phillips version ~ £50 (promotional discount Jenson Button branded bollox). Still OK, although the charge only lasts a week and a half rather than the month I almost got with the old one.

Agree with Bloshie - switching from one to the other is all about allowing time for the beard to adjust.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I've just made a profound electric razor related breakthrough.

If a rather obvious one now. While the whole (triple) shaving head of my two razors are close but tantalisingly different in shape and therefore not interchangeable. The actual darned circular head objects and the actual blades that fit inside (the round bit with sharp parts) appear to be identical in size! So to get my old shaver working at full health again, all I need to do is swap these with the new cheaper model and change the battery without breaking it. Boomed.

Comment

I bought a panasonic ES7102 last year, because I wanted a change from always wetshaving. I think it came top in a which review of electric shavers.

I'm not sure if you can use it straight off the mains, but it's damn good used "wet", and pretty good dry.

Comment

this.. be a man, take the pain
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Not into wet shaves any more. Far too messy and painful frankly.
                    This might be more up your street
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X