• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fattism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fattism

On Saturday, Lady Tester and I visited the local trade fair, where lots of businesses from the region displayed their wares to the public. Unfortunately it was all a bit cramped, there being many businesses enthusiastically displaying their consumercrap and many consumers wishing to view the crap on offer.

A source of some annoyance was the habit of certain exceptionally rotund people to stand in the middle of the aisles blocking thoroughfare for other visitors. I have noticed this same phenomenon in supermarket aisles, doorways in general, lifts and other places where a large number of people must pass through a limited space. Would it be fattist to place signs in such places requesting that ‘gravitationally challenged people’ consider the needs of others when choosing a place to stand? Is it not a source of some shame to notice that one is capable of blocking a 2 metre wide aisle with only one’s bulbous and expanding body?

I don't wish to be insulting, but could the ever growing number of fat people please consider the room they are occupying and avoid standing around in places where they block everyone else?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Eat him! Eat the heretic!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We need to stop keeping them artificailly alive, let nature take its course, and watch them all die. This just isn't just for fat people, but should be applied in all cases for everyone.

Comment

Deciding where to stand is the least of my worries. I haven't seen my willy for over three years

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I wish when us fat people are standing in corridors, lifts etc, these whippet skinny people would stop trying to squeeze past all the time. Use another route you annoying scrotes! We were here first.
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
            I wish when us fat people are standing in corridors, lifts etc, these whippet skinny people would stop trying to squeeze past all the time. Use another route you annoying scrotes! We were here first.
            You are merely a head with some squiggly bits at the bottom, so you should stop complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              You are merely a head with some squiggly bits at the bottom, so you should stop complaining.
              This is an outrage.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                We need to stop keeping them artificailly alive, let nature take its course, and watch them all die. This just isn't just for fat people, but should be applied in all cases for everyone.
                WTF are you going on about jellyhead?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I'll tell you whats worse than fatties blocking the gangway.

People coming out of a shop and turning one way, whilst looking the other way

does my swede in that does

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    This is an outrage.
                    Yep, that's the idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X