• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seeking asylum from Canada

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking asylum from Canada

Did they wonder why they got knocked back?

linky

three people who plunged to their deaths from a multi-storey flat in Glasgow were a Russian family seeking asylum in the UK, the BBC understands.

The father, mother and son had been granted asylum in Canada but left after a dispute with the authorities there.

Their application to remain in the UK had recently been refused but they had not been issued with a removal order.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Did they wonder why they got knocked back?
    What I am personally wondering about is what it would take for you to have some compassion to family that decided to end their lifes with their son so tragically?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      What I am personally wondering about is what it would take for you to have some compassion to family that decided to end their lifes with their son so tragically?
      Ouch that told him! To be fair, minestrone is only having a laugh about something that we can do nothing about now.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
        Ouch that told him! To be fair, minestrone is only having a laugh about something that we can do nothing about now.
        There is one thing that can be done about it now: not having a laugh about it.

Comment

There is one thing that can be done about it now: not having a laugh about it.
          well they were given asylum in Canada but blew that, so Ive got to admit Im a bit 'Daily Mail' about this particular subject.

Comment

oo oooo it seems we may have another one about to flounce off in a huff and to ensure that there is no hard feelings of any kind whatsoever I'd simply like to say that I think Tsar Alexander III didn't have a clue what he was on about and frankly Russian Vodka has been put to shame by Absolut of Sweden..

Chef
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              oo oooo it seems we may have another one about to flounce off in a huff and to ensure that there is no hard feelings of any kind whatsoever I'd simply like to say that I think Tsar Alexander III didn't have a clue what he was on about and frankly Russian Vodka has been put to shame by Absolut of Sweden..

Chef
              Have you tried Russian Standard? It's actually quite palatable.

Nowhere as good as that french one though.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Not sure why you have made the assumption that minestrone had no feelings for their predicament. I thought his point was a reasonable one. If you get kicked out of somewhere like Canada, why assume you will be subsequently welcomed here? From Canada to Springburn. Things don't get much more depressing.
                Tragic outcome all the same.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Why does it take 3 years to determine that someone from Canada should not be granted asylum?

They should have been told that at the time of entry and told to return there and then not put up in a crap flat in a crap area for 3 years which no doubt contributed to their breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    I thought his point was a reasonable one.
                    It's not given the situation - whole family decided to fking kill themselves, why do you care why they were refused asylum in canada? For all we know the reason could have been that they travelled through Europe (possibly UK) and did not claim asylum here - given tragic circumstances it is totally irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                    X