• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Room for a little one at the back?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Room for a little one at the back?

Got a bit of a lull in my day job (IT support) and just dossing about at home. Been snooping around for a few days and thought what the heck. I just hope I don't get lynched on my first day

Market seems a bit quiet at the moment. I was permie up until Christmas, when I took voluntary redundancy. I've been scratching around doing a few jobs for friends businesses but that good will has run out, they only need so much doing.

Is there much out there for IT support at the moment? Nothing doing on the permie front, so I am considering anything.

I have a friend who is a contractor who said not to use an umbrella company and go Ltd. Is this cost effective, what with corporation tax, accounts fees etc?

Wingnut

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
    Got a bit of a lull in my day job (IT support) and just dossing about at home. Been snooping around for a few days and thought what the heck. I just hope I don't get lynched on my first day

Market seems a bit quiet at the moment. I was permie up until Christmas, when I took voluntary redundancy. I've been scratching around doing a few jobs for friends businesses but that good will has run out, they only need so much doing.

Is there much out there for IT support at the moment? Nothing doing on the permie front, so I am considering anything.

I have a friend who is a contractor who said not to use an umbrella company and go Ltd. Is this cost effective, what with corporation tax, accounts fees etc?

Wingnut
    Hello wingnut
    Do you know how to bleed a radiator?
    Do you take your shoes off when entering a house?
    Do you like films about Gladiators?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Spit or swallow?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Wingnut. You'll be fine as long as you don;t go near any posters with Hairy Avatars and anyone offering you sweets or stroking a puppy.

GL.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Spit or swallow?
          Good start, the hairy arsed fella asks me that.

I have bled radiators, yes.

What is this all about?

Comment

Its about asking boring questions, doing no research, not reading the rules and posting in the wrong forum.....

You just been fed to the lions....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Its about asking boring questions, doing no research, not reading the rules and posting in the wrong forum.....

and nothernlad is one of the gentler ones here!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Don't start on the newcomers FFS.

welcome Wingnut.

I just PMd you some stuff to look at. NL is kind of right, there is stuff on the main CUK web site that has a lot of answers you need.

Ltd Co is the way forward.

And beware posters in red mankinis (unless they have a clown face)

HTH
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Don't start on the newcomers FFS.

welcome Wingnut.

I just PMd you some stuff to look at. NL is kind of right, there is stuff on the main CUK web site that has a lot of answers you need.

Ltd Co is the way forward.

And beware posters in red mankinis (unless they have a clown face)

HTH
                  For goodness sake. Now he's trying to touch up the newbies! You need to be on a register Suityou.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                    Good start, the hairy arsed fella asks me that.

I have bled radiators, yes.

What is this all about?
                    Have you ever licked the chutney spoon in an Indian restaurant and then put it back?
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X