• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Astro-squirrels'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Astro-squirrels'

'Astro-squirrels' use coconut shells as helmets

The pair look more like starved spacemen tucking into the tropical treats at the back of Jane Robert's home in Fareham, Hants.

Miss Roberts, 46, leaves out two coconuts a week and suspends them on pieces of string from her washing line and watches her furry friends dig in.

She said: "The first time I saw them feeding I nearly died laughing, they looked like a pair of astronauts and even now I can not stop chuckling every time I see them.

"I make a large hole in the coconut so they can get to the flesh. They cannot get enough of them.

"I worry they might get stuck up there one day but they are clever little things

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...s-helmets.html

----------

To space and beyond!

Originally posted by AtW View Post

The pair look more like starved spacemen tucking into the tropical treats at the back of Jane Robert's home in Fareham, Hants.

Miss Roberts, 46, leaves out two coconuts a week and suspends them on pieces of string from her washing line and watches her furry friends dig in.

She said: "The first time I saw them feeding I nearly died laughing, they looked like a pair of astronauts and even now I can not stop chuckling every time I see them.

"I make a large hole in the coconut so they can get to the flesh. They cannot get enough of them.

"I worry they might get stuck up there one day but they are clever little things

----------

To space and beyond!
    Infinity

Comment

Git. Sent you a PM on that!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Excellent!
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

----------

To space and beyond!

I can see why you are so taken with these critters AtW. Them with their heads in coconut shells and you with your head up your jacksey. Kindred spirits indeed!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            I can see why you are so taken with these critters AtW.
            I like them because they are complete opposite of you, they are - smart, cute, enjoyable to watch etc.

Comment

Working...
            X