• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dont use Utility Warehouse!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont use Utility Warehouse!!!!

Whilst working in the south and renting a flat i became entangled with Utility Warehouse who were supplying my electricity. Final estimated bill arrived which was in dispute as (surprisingly) their estimate was not quite an estimate. And so i am waiting for a corrected bill and i know what it should be as i have the meter readings. Anyway they have moved my debt to one of these recovery agencies without any warning whatsoever.

Has anyone experienced Utility Warehouse? I am happy to pay the correct bill but looks likt it may be too late. i dont want to lose any credit ratings either. Any suggestions for taking this forward - complaints/ombudsman etc

Speak to Energywatch. (or put your complaint in their 'contact us' form).

We had a problem with our supplier not believing us when we told them we had a metered reading taken by their own people (no-one knew what the hell was going on in that company).

Energywatch were prompt and effective, sorted it out straight away...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
      Whilst working in the south and renting a flat i became entangled with Utility Warehouse who were supplying my electricity. Final estimated bill arrived which was in dispute as (surprisingly) their estimate was not quite an estimate. And so i am waiting for a corrected bill and i know what it should be as i have the meter readings. Anyway they have moved my debt to one of these recovery agencies without any warning whatsoever.

Has anyone experienced Utility Warehouse? I am happy to pay the correct bill but looks likt it may be too late. i dont want to lose any credit ratings either. Any suggestions for taking this forward - complaints/ombudsman etc
      So you have proper readings and they have estimates? Normally, when they send an estimate, you ring and give them proper reading and the "actual" bill is sent and you pay that. Simple as that. What happened in your case that a dispute developed and went on for so long that debt collection got involved?
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

EnergyWatch is the next port of call.

Called UW today. Left hanging on the phone for 10mins so hung up and called back. Poor service.

Called debt collector - naturally as compassionate and communicative as ever.

So may have to take the plunge with the bullying tactics and pay before bills starts to escalate

Comment

Working...
        X