• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That'll be MUCH safer then!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'll be MUCH safer then!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8556195.stm

So of course the average street chav with a Pitbull/Staffy crossbreed is bound to invest lots of his hard-earned cash on insurance for "Sultan", isn't he?

Oh yes, another winner from NL. This will make things a whole lot safer I am sure.
    Just another stealth tax if you ask me!!!(which of course you did not)
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Utter clowns.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8556195.stm
      Just another stealth tax if you ask me!!!(which of course you did not)
      It's a consultation so they are asking you. Pretty stealthy by announcing it don't you think?

(Not excusing NL, but c'mon RTFA!)

Comment

There was a chummy who took to walking his fighting dog around the local park. People were complaining they couldn't take their dogs to the park as they'd be attacked by chummy's dog. His dog, for lack of any other dogs to attack, attacked an old lady, so was put down. Now people can walk their dogs on the park again.

The thing is: chummy always picked up his dog muck, and deposited it in the appropriate recepticle. Don't know for what purpose, maybe they were actually public spirited in their own way, but a not insignificant number of other dog owners don't.

So, is it an improvement?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by TroubleAtMill View Post
          It's a consultation so they are asking you.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            There was a chummy who took to walking his fighting dog around the local park. People were complaining they couldn't take their dogs to the park as they'd be attacked by chummy's dog. His dog, for lack of any other dogs to attack, attacked an old lady, so was put down. Now people can walk their dogs on the park again.

The thing is: chummy always picked up his dog muck, and deposited it in the appropriate recepticle. Don't know for what purpose, maybe they were actually public spirited in their own way, but a not insignificant number of other dog owners don't.

So, is it an improvement?
            Yes! I'd not want to hang around picking up dog tulip if some animal made up from just muscle and teeth was approaching fast! Also, if my kid was in the park given the choice of stepping in a few dog eggs or having part of him ripped off I think I'd settle for the dog poo everytime - Unpleasant as it is, it can be wiped off. Arms don't tend to grow back!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              So of course the average street chav with a Pitbull/Staffy crossbreed is bound to invest lots of his hard-earned cash on insurance for "Sultan", isn't he?
              It seems reasonable to require 3rd party insurance if one has got dangerous item that can seriously affect other people: car, dog or gun.

Comment

Yep, compensation will be a great comfort for someone who's just had their face ripped off / child killed by a dangerous dog

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Yep, compensation will be a great comfort for someone who's just had their face ripped off / child killed by a dangerous dog
                  Most of them won't be able to afford insurance to a high risk dog and thus will either face breaking the law for which they should go straight to jail or losing their dangerous dogs.

Either way it's fine by me, btw - having compensation in event of dog attacking you is better when the guy can't afford to pay you **** as he is on the dole (yet with a dog, Sky TV etc)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    It seems reasonable to require 3rd party insurance if one has got dangerous item that can seriously affect other people: car, dog or gun.
                    Oh yes it seems reasonable enough. So does car insurance, and guess what the average chav does regarding that too?

Comment

Working...
                    X