• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cat Poo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat Poo

This happened a couple of weeks ago, so flies in the face of those that say I post everything that happens to me as I am incapable of dealing with it.

I went to the Luton beer festival on 18/2. Had a great time, bumped into some old friends and decamped to the pub after the festival got too crowded. We sat in the pub until closing swapping stories and generally having a good laugh. Until around 11:30 just before chucking out when my neighbour turns up. I don't really talk to him, and made the effort. He had been to the festival too and was quite pished.

On the way to the kebab shop he turns to me, unzips my jacket, points to my middle and says "I have no idea what your wife sees in you, I mean look at you, you're so fat. Me and the missus watch you in the garden sometimes and often comment on how fat you are."

I was fairly taken aback, and sloped off for a kebab in silence. In the kebab shop I stood there, frozen unable to comprehend the menu, and it dawned on me I was really angry. Neighbour had arrived at the kebab shop and was now queuing behind me with a stupid grin on his face. So I flipped. I grabbed him and dragged him out into the street. Not to duff him up you understand, this is not me. Instead I gave him a ticking off, 1950s style.

"Now listen to me, you've had far too much to drink, you're being really nasty to me and I won't have it. Go home and sober up and we'll talk in the morning"

He agreed, quite nicely, then off he trots. Satisfied I had stood up for myself adequately I go back into the kebab house for a celebratory lamb donner with chilli sauce and garlic mayo, and a diet coke.

As I'm ordering it, neighbour flies in the kebab shop screaming blue murder saying he's going to kick the tulip out of me. And drags me out in the street.
    And the reason?

My cats poo in his garden. Having lived there for 8 months, he never once said anything. I offered to by him some sonic cat scarers, even to re-home the moggies if it kept the peace. Still he raged on and on.

I got bored with him yapping, and thought there was some chance I might boil over so went to collect my kebab and went home.

I told SY02 what happened and she did her best to reassure me about my feelings that had been hurt, and persuade me to forget about it. I did. Until Sunday, when I noticed a strange facebook post from said Neighbour's wife.

It was a passive aggressive approach to trying to humiliate us online, about our cats tuliping in their garden. I was really cross. All their friends were commenting about how terrible it is, and how inconsiderate their neighbours must be. I mean FFS I tried to talk to them about it but you were too drunk, then they ignore me again, then they play this card. Seriously childish.

Just when I thought I was going to post something rude back on facebook, one of the other neighbours posts this :

"Why not try giving ALL the cat owners in the neighbourhood different coloured food dye. That way the turds can be returned to their rightful owners"

The coffee was sprayed on the monitor that morning. And well done other neighbour for responding brilliantly to a passive aggressive bully

If they ever decide to grow and and act like adults I'll happily put my hand in my pocket to come up with a solution. Until then, sorry, just not interested.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

<< canned laughter >>

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      ...very long post...
      I'm not going to read all of that. Is a short summary available?
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Thought you'd left?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yeah, is a witty précis available?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Thought you'd left?
            oh yeah, then who'd stand up to all the bullies?
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I hear your neighbourly pains.

My neighbour kept having a go at me because I have a cat, and a cat turds in her garden.

There are several black and white cats in my area, so no way of knowing if it is my cat or not.

I offered ant-icat spray, sonic deterrent etc, and tried to make light saying will try to train my cat, but to no avail, she was shrieking like a banshee at my door most days saying 'When are you going to do something about your cat'.

Hence I ended up with CCTV cameras on the front door - stopped her daily shoutings very nicely

Very amusing as she does not want to be caught on CCTV, so no longer out waving like a mad witch, so the cat saunters over the gargen these days waving his backside as he trots across..........

Comment

I am clearly blessed with nice neighbours. My cat (Dave) not only tulips in their garden, but bullies his way into their home and eats the dog's food from under its nose.

Ignore your neighbours.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                  I'm not going to read all of that. Is a short summary available?
                  - sy01's neighbour said he's fat when drunk
                  - sy told him off after a slight delay
                  - neighbour went home
                  - neighbour came back ranting that sy01's cat had sh!t in his garden

solution: give all cats in neighbourhood dye to work out if above statement is true

HTH
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I dunno, I'm starting to think SY01 will be Michael Douglas in Falling Down sometime soon. If ever you need another reason to stay out of Luton ...

Comment

Working...
                    X