• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best use of Meccano I have seen!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best use of Meccano I have seen!

http://neil.fraser.name/hardware/centrifuge/

See he also spotted mis-calibration the Nexus One accelerometers! Proper geek

Wow. That is geeky.

I never really got into Meccano, but I did love Lego.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      Wow. That is geeky.

I never really got into Meccano, but I did love Lego.
      Lego had an outstanding year last year in terms of sales and profits. One of the main lines was their Star Wars line - of which I am proud to say, I have many items
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Wow, I wouldn't like to be near if it broke though...

Comment

Originally posted by Babbage View Post
          Wow, I wouldn't like to be near if it broke though...
          I like his comments:

The centrifuge is a genuinely terrifying device. The lights dim when it is switched on. A strong wind is produced as the centrifuge induces a cyclone in the room. The smell of boiling insulation emanates from the overloaded 25 amp cables. If not perfectly adjusted and lubricated, it will shred the teeth off solid brass gears in under a second. Runs were conducted from the relative safety of the next room while peeking through a crack in the door.

Comment

I bet his wife is proud.
            Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

Flippin' heck!

Did his Mum know what he was doing in the dining room!
              Runs were conducted from the relative safety of the next room while peeking through a crack in the door.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Did his Mum know what he was doing in the dining room!
                She will once he builds new device

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

Now we know administrator must be male...!

Comment

Make me want to know his address - so I don't live anywhere near him.

One day his neighbours are going to become suspicious and he'll end up with the 3am knock by the anti-terror plod.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X