• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any gyms around County Hall area?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any gyms around County Hall area?

Staying in Premier Inn County Hall London by the London Eye for a week. Have to have breakfast and evening meals in the plasticated place as well.

Needing a gym - but no option in the hotel. Why can't companies let us book where we WANT to stay?

Are there any more reasonably priced gyms around here other than the Marriott spa for £25 per day?

Otherwise will be sticking to jogging up and down the Thames unless I can find a park somewhere.

How far do you like to jog?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Buy a kettlebell and take it with you. Oh, and don't drop it on your toes.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

None that I'm aware of.

Comment

20minute walk away in Vauxhall is www.thegymgroup.com. no classes but cheap.

There's also http://www.southbankclub.co.uk/ in vauxhall but a bit further, it has squash and classes.

I vote you run along the thames...such an awesome run... Used to do that every morning when I lived on the thames

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            Staying in Premier Inn County Hall London by the London Eye for a week. Have to have breakfast and evening meals in the plasticated place as well.

Needing a gym - but no option in the hotel. Why can't companies let us book where we WANT to stay?

Are there any more reasonably priced gyms around here other than the Marriott spa for £25 per day?

Otherwise will be sticking to jogging up and down the Thames unless I can find a park somewhere.
            The breakfast is fine - the sausages and bacon are of perfectly acceptable quality, or as you seem to be one of these health and fitness weirdoes, there's plenty of fresh fruit, muesli, brown bread, and suchlike. I've never had an evening meal there, but AFAIK the menu on offer is better than you'd find at the Beefeater that is so often affiliated with PIs.

There's Jubilee Gardens (left out the door, walk twenty yards) if you fancy doing your physical jerks under the bemused gaze of Japanese tourists queuing for the London Eye

If you stop jogging to have a rest by the river, be sure to adopt some peculiar posture - you'll probably be mistaken for one of the living statues and get a few coins thrown down. Try painting your face green.

Comment

There are plenty of nice places to eat in the road where the entrance to the hotel is. I recommend the I think, Turkish, place almost right opposite
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh **** *** Wilmslow!!!!

Seriously.

Comment

If you fail to find a gym, just travel on the underground from one station to another, its as good as a gym session. Better if you target the rush hour.

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Wilmslow!!! Based on these responses, you didn't exactly conduct much/any research, did you?

You crazy-made-up-character-but-now-recently-rumoured-to-be-a-real-person.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X