• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low morale' hits HM Revenue and Customs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low morale' hits HM Revenue and Customs

The poor blighters at hmrc have low morale

And what about the morale of those of us that hand our hard-earned wonga over to the muppets for them to squander aimlessly??
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      And what about the morale of those of us that hand our hard-earned wonga over to the muppets for them to squander aimlessly??

Maybe it should read 'low morals' then...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        HMRC does not waste vast majority of money they get - it's the job of the Govt.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          HMRC does not waste vast majority of money they get - it's the job of the Govt.
          Imagine earning millions of millions of pounds, and then having to give it all to Alistair Darling. I'd have low morale too.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Imagine earning millions of millions of pounds, and then having to give it all to Alistair Darling. I'd have low morale too.
            You'd have high morale if in addition to doing the above you came to this country a decade ago with a few grand in cash and temporary student visa.

Liebor ****ed me over by removing taper relief retrospectively, but it is what it is - I'll just have to post on CUK less and make more millions in the free time that I get

Comment

maybe if they could keep control of the paperwork they are sent they may be a little more motivated.

I won't go into the issues I have been having with the b0ll0ck juggling idiots but suffice to say I have had to issue most of my year end company paperwork 3 times, to different people in different offices, around the country

not to mention the number of semi threatening calls I have had telling me if I do not file my paperwork I may be liable for a fine........

and trust me my accounts were very very uncomplicated......

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                maybe if they could keep control of the paperwork they are sent they may be a little more motivated.

I won't go into the issues I have been having with the b0ll0ck juggling idiots but suffice to say I have had to issue most of my year end company paperwork 3 times, to different people in different offices, around the country

not to mention the number of semi threatening calls I have had telling me if I do not file my paperwork I may be liable for a fine........

and trust me my accounts were very very uncomplicated......
                Yep. They even sent me a letter or rather my bank, with my surname missing and the amount I'd paid to HMRC asking 'why have you paid this amount to us?'

However, they HMRC, had already confirmed receipt of the payment and issued me with a certificate.

It was left to my bank to forward the letter asking 'why have you paid this to us?' because HMRC were too incompetent to check their own records, get my name right and marry that up to the receipt they'd already acknowledged.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

It's pretty bad here actually. Tis true. But you should see what the buggers have got up their sleeves!!!

Cross reference DB with Ltd company meta data and a mining tool!

Sshhhh. I've said too much.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Actually the tax system is so complex that the costs of administering it means HMRC costs an awful lot to run.

Just think how much extra it'd be if they had to do their own collections too! i.e. think on how much it costs your Co. to do your VAT each quarter, write the cheque, send it to them.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X