• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car insurance claims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car insurance claims

If a 3rd party car insurance claim is made but insurance company was changed shortly after accident, would that be previous insurarer that's responsible assuming accident took place at the time of that insurance being valid?

Yes.

Pass the wodka.

Comment

So its the insurance company that insured car against claims at the time of the accident that will have to cough up, even though actual reporting of accident came over the boundary of policy renewal which was renewed with someone else?

Comment

Yes.

I'll have a wodka too. Where are the nuclear wessels?

Comment

Sh1te day today - month ago I hit, or more like touched car in front of me in rainy day at maybe 5 mph - old shape Audi A3, no injuries not even smashed glass - my car's front is like not touched, but Audi's bumper a bit bent - not a biggier, surely bumpers can't cost much? So, I offer to settle it privately as excess would cost as much plus lost NCB over 5 years will bite me more.

Well, feck it, but something had to be wrong - fking Audi says they pretty sure some bars may have been shifted or something, which is a LOT bigger job then bumper, which they valued at £800! Worst of all non-Audi dealers refused to deal with possible damage that may be beyond bumper, thus potentially running many more than already big sum of £800, ffs, the whole car can't possibly cost more than 8k ffs.

Now waiting for quote to decide what to do - and I just moved to another insurance company who will no doubt think I cheated them claiming NCB, though no claim have been made so far as I want to settle it privately

Comment

Gobsmack overload here, how the F|/CK can 3-5 mph hit in the back that only bent bumper so little and barely scratched my front cost so much?!?!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Gobsmack overload here, how the F|/CK can 3-5 mph hit in the back that only bent bumper so little and barely scratched my front cost so much?!?!!
              It probably didn't. Its just an excuse to rebuild part of the car at your expense.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                It probably didn't. Its just an excuse to rebuild part of the car at your expense.
                well, why would non-Audi garages refuse to touch it if its that thing which they say they think it is? Surely they'd be first to grab opportunity to rebuild car like this but cheaper than Audi?

Not happy - thought it would be few hundred quid max, its old Audi A3 for christ sake.

Comment

I'm afraid, Alexei, that it is just par for the course. You're lucky the guy isn't claiming thousands in compensation for whiplash injuries. The moral of the story is to protect your no claims bonus as soon as it becomes worth keeping with a higher premium so that sort of thing doesn't matter so much.

Comment

I could not protect it because it was too small, ffs, just checked A3 prices and S reg Audi A3 costs like £3500 FFS, I mean FFS, they can't be seriously wanting to charge me like few grand for fixing it ffs

Comment

Working...
                    X