• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My back

Gipping me up. Played football two weeks ago and something twanged. Both legs went numb from the waist down after making a long sprint. I slowed up and after walking back to the half way line the left leg came back to life but the right leg remained numb for the walk back to the car and the journey home.

I took a week out, and played again last night. Something again twanged. Not as bad, but is uncomforable. Is this age, and the end of my footballing days?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Probably not but get it checked out. You're younger than Becks aren't you?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Probably not but get it checked out. You're younger than Becks aren't you?
      1 year. Also about 6 stone heavier

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Gipping me up. Played football two weeks ago and something twanged. Both legs went numb from the waist down after making a long sprint. I slowed up and after walking back to the half way line the left leg came back to life but the right leg remained numb for the walk back to the car and the journey home.

I took a week out, and played again last night. Something again twanged. Not as bad, but is uncomforable. Is this age, and the end of my footballing days?
        Wilmsloooooooooooooooow!
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Get it checked out if I were you. Don't mess around with back injuries. Probably nothing, but still a trip to the docs costs nothing. Play safe.

w

Comment

Joking apart, I went on a radical weightwathers diet when I had bad back problems. Worked a treat.

If you are serious about losing weight, would be happy to pass on my dieting experiences - lost around 3 stone. While I cannot play football or even circuit training due to my back, I keep fit with pilates, jogging and spinning, all which help keep things moving.

Most importantly, keep moving gently within pain tolerance, and get yourself to a physio / GP to get things checked out. When I say physio, I mean a good, reccomended one. Worth their weight.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              Wilmsloooooooooooooooow!
              <<<canned laughter>>>
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Joking apart, I went on a radical weightwathers diet when I had bad back problems. Worked a treat.

If you are serious about losing weight, would be happy to pass on my dieting experiences - lost around 3 stone. While I cannot play football or even circuit training due to my back, I keep fit with pilates, jogging and spinning, all which help keep things moving.

Most importantly, keep moving gently within pain tolerance, and get yourself to a physio / GP to get things checked out. When I say physio, I mean a good, reccomended one. Worth their weight.
                <<<shut up, fool>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  <<<shut up, fool>>>
                  Err actually I found his advice quite useful.

Comment

Err actually I found his advice quite useful.
                    In that case, you should search through some of Wilmslow's other posts.

Some absolute blinders in there.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X